North Las Vegas, NV asked in Family Law and Child Support for Nevada

Q: Can I file a motion to compel discovery in a child support case if I can prove the other person's FDF if wrong

My ex moved out of town 1 year ago and gave me full custody of our son. We agreed that there would be no child support at the time. I was laid off from my job in September so I filed a Motion to modify child support. The Judge said that it would be modified but we needed a parenting agreement first. The case was then transferred and the new judge says I am not entitled to any child support at all. After reviewing my ex's FDF I found so many errors that I know for sure are false. I also question a lot of things on the FDF because I feel that she is just trying to get out of paying support. I have been asking her and attorney for information for months (medical insurance documents, receipts, proof of hundreds of dollars she says she spends on him when she never sees him). I filed a motion to compel discovery but the judge scheduled a hearing for it on March 30. Our child support case is March 9. Shouldn't I be entitled to these documents through discovery?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: I suggest you seek guidance from an experienced Family Law attorney that can help to review your case and the judges ruling to best determine your available options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.