Rolla, MO asked in Immigration Law for Missouri

Q: I am on B2 visa,diagnosed with breast cancer.My visa expires.I want to stay here for medical purposes what should do?

Came to USA on 2019 October. Because of COVID and my health conditions I cannot go back to my country . My visa expires in 3 months. Since I am diagnosed with cancer recently (after coming here) and we don’t have treatment for my situation in our country , I want to stay here until I get treatment . In that case is there any way I can stay here legally until I get my medications ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: You should be able to apply for an extension of your current status. Consult with an immigration attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.