Asked in Criminal Law for New York

Q: I have a public defender and he does not return my calls, what should I do

I was aressted for esdropping, I did not do it all they have are two statements from my soon to be ex wife and her bestfriend. The ex wife and her friend tried to have me arrested for kidnapping my oldest son, They filed so many false reports on me and some how the esdropping charge stuck.I don't know what to do my public defender will not return my calls, The last time I talked to him was about 6 months ago. I call leave messages and I get no response. I asked the cops when they came to arrest me if i was being arrested or detained they said no you are coming with us to be questioned. I then was handcuffed not read my rights then took to the police station where I was finger printed and mugshot taking I did not sign anything. I keep telling the cops I did not do it. It is a Felony i was charged with, not to long after the arrest I got cameras put up because I was scared I was going to be arrested again for nothing. Now CPS is involved they believe wife because of this felony I did not

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric Webster Sherwood
Eric Webster Sherwood
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Syracuse, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: My advice to you would be to find your attorney's office address online or from the court and physically go to his/her office and ask to speak with them. Be polite and, if they tell you that you can't speak to them without an appointment, make sure that you don't leave the office without a concrete appointment to speak with them some time in the near future.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.