Garland, TX asked in Social Security for Texas

Q: How do I fight for the money my son father didn't receive due to death from social security? The dad has 2 male heirs.

My son father died right after winning his battle against social security. He was awarded about 90,000 and only received 38,000 before death. I was told the rest of his money goes to his children out side of the survivors benefits they are already getting. This all took place in oklahoma city oklahoma but we now live in Rowlett Texas.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Assuming the children live with you you need to file a claim from wherever you are.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.