Daly City, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Civil Harassment Restraining/False Allegation issue with intend to charge, how to protect myself and family

The woman we used to know sends harassing and falsely accused messages to my wife number from different phone because we have blocked all her numbers and online contacts. She accused me ( the husband ) of luring her husband and the child to come visit our house ( in reality we asked him to come pick up his mail, we have proof of text message exchange ). Him and the woman and the child used to live in law tenants at our house for over 3 years. And during those time, the woman always asked us to babysit and watch her daughter and we have done it many time. We have proofs of all the messages she sent to ask us to babysit the child.

What can I do to protect myself from being accused or bringing wrongful charges as well as stopping her from sending us these messages from different phone numbers?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Michael Lehr
David Michael Lehr
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ventura, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can request a civil harassment restraining order to help to stop the calls. However, you cannot prohibit her from reporting you to the police.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.