Hot Springs National Park, AR asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: I was with my common law wife since around 2008:we just septated and I ended up leaving with nothing. We agreed to put

Items in storage. Now she won't let me have the rest of my things. What should I do on a Military Pension so only have $1100 a month.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Kingwood, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should consult a lawyer about this situation, there are many lawyers who offer free case evaluations. In general you may file a petition for divorce and as the case proceeds there will come a property division. In the meantime you may be able to obtain temporary orders, but this is not legal advice and you should consult an attorney about your specific case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.