Essex, MA asked in Divorce for Massachusetts

Q: how do a file for alimony 8 years after divorce?

i did not waive future alimony. I was married twenty years. i was a stay at home mom 10+ years. I am disabled. I receive SSI. I do not work. I was homeless. Now I live off of SSI and I can not babysit anymore due to fibromyagia and arthritis. My ex husband makes a lot of money. I need help financially to pay for rent or i will be homeless again. he moved out of state. Washington. :He is remarried.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: This sounds like a Modification Complaint for current alimony if his situation has improved significantly and it sounds like your situation has deteriorated. You would need to have him served out of state .

Brian Waller agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.