Alexander, NC asked in Nursing Home Abuse for North Carolina

Q: If I have power of attorney over my mom can I sue the nursing home for medicine malpracice

In the state of North Carolina

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Brevda
Michael Brevda
  • Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: This depends on the language in the power of attorney. However, most powers of attorney grant a broad array of powers, including the right of the attorney in fact to initiate litigation on behalf of the principal. Most of our nursing home abuse cases involving a still-living victim are brought by the victim's power of attorney. You should seek out a local nursing home negligence lawyer to assist you in filing suit against the at-fault facility.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.