Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Nursing Home Abuse legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
North Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for North Carolina on
Q: If I have power of attorney over my mom can I sue the nursing home for medicine malpracice

In the state of North Carolina

Michael Brevda
Michael Brevda
answered on Mar 11, 2021

This depends on the language in the power of attorney. However, most powers of attorney grant a broad array of powers, including the right of the attorney in fact to initiate litigation on behalf of the principal. Most of our nursing home abuse cases involving a still-living victim are brought by... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Health Care Law and Nursing Home Abuse for North Carolina on
Q: My beloved brother of 49 yrs suffered a stroke Jan 7,2021and was discharged today. He requires 24/7 coverage. I need to

Take care of my brother and become his conservator. How can I make this happen?

Ben Corcoran
Ben Corcoran
answered on Feb 22, 2021

In NC this is called guardianship, not conservatorship, I advise that you speak to a local lawyer to assist you with the process. If you want to attempt the process on your own speak to the local Clerk of Court.

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse and Wrongful Death for North Carolina on
Q: Who handles Nursing Home Questionable Deaths and lawsuits in NC?

The doctor of the nursing home put down the incorrect cause of death even though the nursing home is where my mother had a massive bleed out which caused her death.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 21, 2016

You have to decide if you want an autopsy. Do understand that the fact she had a bleed out doesn't necessarily prove substandard care. However what you need is a member of the NC Trial Lawyers Assn /Assn for Justice who handles medical & nursing home cases. They give free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for North Carolina on
Q: I want to sue a Nursing Home My mother was in but my aunt (administrator of estate) does not want to bring a suit

My mother was a resident of North Carolina. I raised a complaint with the North Carolina Department of Health and Social Services to charge that she was neglected in the nursing home she was in. The nursing home was investigated and the NC Department of Health and Social Services substantiated... View More

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Nov 18, 2015

I'm sorry to hear about this. I handle nursing home abuse cases but not probate cases. Questions I would have are whether your aunt can delegate this task to someone, whether as administrator of the estate she has a duty under North Carolina law to pursue the claim and/or whether you could... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.