Killeen, TX asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: I need help filling out paperwork and how to navigate a sapcr in Texas.

The non custodial parent lives in New York and just visited the kids this year after being away since January 2020. The other parent refuses to co-parent with me and chooses to speak with my toxic family members. Just recently on March 10, he lied to a family member and it resulted in a false CPS report that is currently ongoing for abuse and neglect. On April 21, there is a hearing for child support to be established, but I want to control visitation, custody, and restrict him due to him causing harassment from my family. The father has no interest in parenting, and would much rather find a relationship or spend his money for himself. He has disparaged me on social media a few times, and didn't even see the children when he came to Texas in January 21, 2021. He spoke to my toxic family members and they are trying to get my children taken away. I really need to know how to handle this.

1 Lawyer Answer
Sharita Blacknall
Sharita Blacknall
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Plano, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should hire an experienced family law attorney.

The issues you outline will require some knowledge and experience with the law and procedure in order to be done correctly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.