Morehead City, NC asked in Divorce for North Carolina

Q: I filed a pro se divorce in nc, i had hearing last Monday and Judge denied because i was missing a form. What do I do

Judge wouldn't tell me what form was missing or what i need to do next to finalize the divorce

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Albert Loch Saslow
Mr. Albert Loch Saslow
  • Greensboro, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: I could guess, but without looking at the file I have no idea what form you are missing. You will unfortunately need to consult with a local family law attorney about the status of your case. Perhaps you can just file the correct form and get a new date scheduled.

I can't speak for attorneys in your area, but where I practice there are some attorneys who handle 'simple' divorces for approximately $600.00 (including court costs).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.