Oakland, CA asked in Banking for California

Q: Bank deposits money in my bank account by mistake then overdrafts the account I deposit cash 2fixit I want it back cani

900 deposits. By bank. The overdraft after then I pay 500 own money to fix balance . Still negative balance but I rather get the money I recently deposited to fix it. Back. And go to collections can I get those deposits back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If the bank causes errors, it may be responsible to fix them, but not if you know the balance was wrong and overdrew it. You probably get all charges against you waived. The problem with you case is that it will cost more for an attorney, than the case is worth. Small claims?

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.