Thibodaux, LA asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Louisiana

Q: I need a attorney to help me with this mortgage company, who has harassed me and my family from March 2020 - March 2021.

They evicted us during the cares act protection. They forced us to move in a home with no roof and no heat with four children 4 year old boy with ADHD and a hearing problem, 7 year old girl who was distraught and cried, a 14-year-old who also had a very rough time with this and a 17 year old who has ADHD who would always snap plus that just everything due to this talking out of line bitting his nails abusively, now they're trying to sue me for my property like what is going on

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ

A: Your only chance of saving your property is if you retain an experienced LA mortgage foreclosure defense and bankruptcy attorney. Unfortunately, there is no basis to file a lawsuit against the mortgage company based on your stated facts. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE! YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY WHO IS LICENSED IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE. This is merely suggestions for you to think about in discussing your situation with the local attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.