San Antonio, TX asked in Probate for Texas

Q: The attorney I hired to handle the probate of my husband's will died. How do I find out the status?

I believe the last thing she did was file the Section 308 Affidavit of Notice. There were not any assets and she said a few debt collectors had contacted her, but she needed to "review the filings to see if any other claims were filed". She was wonderful, but now I don't know what to do. She worked alone and no one is picking-up her phone.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Contact the state bar. We have recently been given the opportunity to designate someone to handle our open files.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.