Katy, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: Enforcement

My child’s father is not allowing me to see my daughter so I will be filing motion to enforce the order. Is he able to order drug & alcohol testing for ME to do at that court date (again, I am the one filing enforcement against him) or would he have to file separately outside of the enforcement court date to get a test done? Another question, is it possible for the judge order a drug & alcohol test even though I’m the one filing the enforcement against him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amir Tavakkoli
Amir Tavakkoli
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes he can file any motion he wants. Whether the judge grants it is a separate story. You should get a lawyer to have the best chance to quash his request for drug testing if he tried.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.