La Grange, KY asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Kentucky

Q: Can anything be done after a year of living in new home, but just now coming across problems.

My family has lived in this has for a little over a year during the inspection before the home was bought they made a list of problems that needed to be fixed, however they did not disclose information about a large hole in the wall that hid behind cabinets that the owners tried to patch with sheet metal. after finding this we realized the floor was rotten ed to the point that you could see underneath the home, due to water leaking through the hole. There were also things in the contract the seller was supposed to fix, such as electrical issues duct work, etc, and they were not fixed. just made it look like the problem was fixed. what can i do if anything?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. If they failed to disclose the defects, you have a cause of action against them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.