Rosenberg, TX asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Texas

Q: What are my legal options, to ensure that our children remain healthy and unexposed to Covid?

I have attempted to work out a visitation arrangement with my ex-husband, who's other daughter who lives with him has tested positive for Covid, and he refuses to work with me. We do have a Standard Possession Order currently in place, but Mutual Agreement is also an option. I have asked that those in his home be retested, to ensure our children will not be exposed, and he refuses. I have even offered to switch weekends, to allot for more time to quarantine. He refuses. I have attempted to speak with him regarding this numerous times, and have explained concerns ... he is nonchalant, and does not comply with any resolution attempts. Our 7 year old son is high risk, and has been hospitalized for respiratory issues in the past. He is aware of this, and ignores the potential severity. I do have text messages confirming that his daughter tested positive. What are my legal options, to ensure that our children remain healthy and unexposed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amir Tavakkoli
Amir Tavakkoli
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: To file for a modification and ask for emergency temporary orders.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.