Fort Worth, TX asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Oklahoma

Q: Do i have to deal wuth crimunal charhes b4 i can charge jail with use of excessive force?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: Short answer is no as presumably these are 2 separate incidents. That said, you should try to involve an attorney or group of attorneys who will work together on both incidents in order to provide you the best outcome. Use the Find a Lawyer tab and search for criminal defense/civil rights/1983 lawyers in your area and contact a few of them----many give free, no obligation first meetings on these type cases----I know my firm does----so take them up on it and hire the one (or ones) with whom you are most comfortable. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.