Littleton, CO asked in Divorce and Immigration Law for Colorado

Q: I need help with divorce and with our green cards, do we lose all that by getting divorced?

I've been married for a year and eight months, I came to the United States under a fiance visa, then we got married here in Denver, my husband is American, I have a 13-year-old daughter, we both came to this country to start a family, my husband He said that he no longer wants me here and is not in love. I need help with divorce and with our green cards, do we lose all that by getting divorced? My daughter needs to continue in school, and returning to my country with this pandemic is not the right choice, here I already have a job, and my daughter goes to a good school, I do not want a divorce, but my husband no longer loves me and he doesn't want to be with me, I can't do anything else, I need help with this please.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Agnes Jury
Agnes Jury
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Traverse City, MI

A: This is not a simple answer but there is a lot of good information on this topic on the internet. Here is a reliable source:

I would recommend you do a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to decide how to best proceed in your case. Best wishes!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.