Alexandria, VA asked in Personal Injury for Virginia

Q: injured party can’t afford treatment from a specialist not car related.Can that be used against the Plaintiff in court

Treatment is very expensive. Is there something that can help the plaintiff if you ran threw every type of account that you own

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. If you have an attorney, this is something they could answer best, as the reimbursement of car accident-related medical expenses will depend on the jurisdiction (no-fault, non-fault, combinations/variations thereof) and the person's policy. That's not to deflect your question - but only a local attorney could advise meaningfully on that.

As for the specialist, I'm not certain what you mean. There are medical specialists who handle orthopedic care/surgery who don't fall into a niche of "car accident" doctors, but who handle general serious physical trauma. It sounds as if you've depleted your available insurance resources - maybe you or your attorney (if you have one) could look into other options, such as whether you qualify for state-based coverage. Seek some guidance who can navigate the medical system - these situations can be difficult. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.