Houston, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: Relief not granted at this time. One child is born before marriage, WOS is defective (third amended),

what does it mean when a judge deny an uncontested divorce for this reason. Relief not granted at this time. One child is born before marriage, WOS is defective (third amended), PO expired

in 2013 (this list is not all encompassing)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amir Tavakkoli
Amir Tavakkoli
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You have to amend your petition for divorce to include a request for establishment of paternity and request for dna testing on the child that was born before marriage (assuming there are no other court orders affecting that child, which is why the judge made this ruling). The dna testing requirement and request to establish paternity have to be done through proper motions. Simple divorce forms you find online won’t have these. Hire an attorney to make sure this gets done correctly otherwise you will go in circles.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.