Spring, TX asked in Social Security for Texas

Q: Hi, I wanted to find out what happens next after my SSDI case is granted through Federal Civil court.

court GRANTS Plaintiff’s motion for summary judgment and DENIES Defendant’s motion (I don't have a lawyer)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Raleigh, NC

A: If you have a lawyer who represented you in Federal Court you should ask them. Typically this means that the Court has found in your favor in terms of the appeal. This does not necessarily mean that you have won your overall claim for benefits. Read through the Court's order. It will usually say something about sending the case back to Social Security for a new decision and will also sometimes include specific instructions that Social Security must follow.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.