Houston, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: How long can a judge take to have a judgment “in consideration”?

I won my case for a writ of habeas against my ex almost 1 month ago. The judge ruled in my favor and she had told me and my lawyer that she would take court/lawyer fees into consideration. Because I had asked that since my ex withheld my kids for almost 2 months and made me use money to get a lawyer, so that my ex could pay that back to me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amir Tavakkoli
Amir Tavakkoli
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: There is no deadline. You should submit and file a motion for a status conference, and set it for hearing. Or call the clerk and tell them to remind the judge to make a ruling on your case on the specific issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.