Chicago, IL asked in Probate for Texas

Q: Judge ordered family allowance but Attorney refuses to pay that amount. What can I do? I let my attorney go already.

My husband had no children and died with an old will. The millions will go to his college. They have been awful. The judge also ordered the car to me and the Executor and her Attorney refused in writing to do anything or fill out forms to transfer title. They are now stating that they are not paying the full amount ordered by the judge for my family allowance. Is this legal and what can I do to stop them?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Write a letter to the court, including any correspondence from them. Then get a new attorney or rehire your old one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.