Pineville, KY asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Kentucky

Q: Can i b required to pay child support when i have no rights? Can i do anything to either get custody back or visitation?

I lost custody of my two children roughly 3 years ago. There were no allegations against me however there were sexual allegations brought against the man im with. However with medical exams and such the sexual abuse was unfounded. There was criminal abuse charges brought against him for whooping the children with mine but not the fathers permission due to the fact that the father was in jail at the time and me and my man raised them. This was how custody was taken from me. He was ordered 2 years supervised probation and during which no contact with the children. That was completed over a year ago with no issues and all classes and such that were required were completed. I have no visitation rights or anything. Im ordered to pay $298.50 month. I got behind now am working and payments are being deducted from my check. The children live full time with the paternal grandmother and she draws ktap benefits and from what i understand my payments go to the state for those benefits.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You can be required to pay child support whether you have contact or not. You should file a motion for return of custody in the court that took them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.