Lawrence, MA asked in Family Law, Domestic Violence and Probate for Massachusetts

Q: I was accused of drug use with zero history of drug usage. In family and probate. Pat.g. Parents. Are temp gaurdians

My son and I were physically assaulted by my now ex. My sons father. He is being charged with 3 counts a&b and 2 counts suffocation/strangulation. He was bonded on $5000 bail, plus gps and zero contact with myself and our son. He was found to be a danger. After this transpired, my decade long abuser told his mother that I seemed high the day of the incident. She fold an emergency motion to stop parenting time with my son. Only because of the false accusations her son told her. She used his words in court. Parenting time was NOT denied. I was still forced to submit a hair follicle test! And possibly again in May. Follicle testing has changed. They took a TON of hair from me. If the judge still wants another test, do I have a right in MA to request a different type of testing done?

1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If you are seeking custody of the child and opposing guardianship of paternal grandmother then you should engage counsel to represent you if you are able to do so. In contesting guardianship an indigent parent can have court appointed counsel via motion to the court requesting same. The is random drug screening as an option to follicle testing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.