Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Antitrust and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Texas

Q: How do I go about getting someone involuntarily committed in Montgomery County tx. He does not even acknowledge he has a

Drug problem but says that he is a drunk. If he loses to much more weight he might die. He is killing himself with the keystone beer and from my understanding he uses a needle for meth and I have pictures of him smoking it. He was drunk one night and wouldn't let me drive and almost killed us on purpose. I finally got out of vehicle and started walking. He called a friend and I called another I got picked up and dropped off but he was in our truck at the time and we left where I was living together. He showed up where I was and got high and then went to sleep.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Ask a Family Law attorney about how to pursue the involuntary commitment of an adult who is a danger to himself and others.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.