Atlanta, GA asked in Real Estate Law and Animal / Dog Law for Georgia

Q: I need to consult with an HOA expert.

I am being targeted by the HOA and they are finding me exorbitant amount for my dog being off leash along with other matters of misconduct and abusing board member Authority. I honestly need a pro bono attorney in Atlanta that I can talk to because this is going to get ugly. I have a medical condition that has been declining as a result of being under search the rest because of what they've been doing to me. I have lived here for 34 years and did not have any problems with the board until two specific people got on it and they've been upsetting me to a point that two different occasions I had to contact my doctor for anxiety medication because I can easily come out of remission and end up in the hospital. Can someone help me because I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Thank you Please know that I am 68 years old and my sole income is social security and Their fines continue to escalate with no regard for the fact that I have Limited income of which and

1 Lawyer Answer

A: If you are seeking a free attorney or one who will charge reduced rates, I would contact legal aid in your area or I would contact the local and state bar association and ask them if they have a list of attorneys in your area who would consider taking your case on a pro bono basis or at a reduced rate. Good luck.

Michael D. Birchmore agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.