Baton Rouge, LA asked in Uncategorized for Louisiana

Q: My son was killed by a class mate 2 months after graduation July 4th 2020. The killer is charged with negligent homicide

My son told me of the behavior of the killer that let to his death just weeks prior to the incident and I want to make sure he get the proper representation. Our last conversations are his only defense because he is dead and I want to make sure he is represented properly. I am unsure of the processes and motions and need answers.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If you are seeking justice for your son and you want the defendant to be found guilty, then contact the District Attorney's office and ask to speak to the assistant district attorney or the investigator involved in the prosecution of the defendant. Tell him that you have information relative to the case. Of course, if you are on the side of the defendant, then contact the defendant or his lawyer to discuss.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.