Spring, TX asked in Consumer Law and Elder Law for Texas

Q: How do i get a civil suit fees waived in harris county for elderly who has been financially exploited

She was scammed into a transmission rebuild after the company already had her car and apart got the back took to another shop who said the transmission has not been rebuilt they replaced a censor and new fluid and charged her 3000.$ and the transmission is acting the way it to start with she was bullied into it bc he already had her car and made her feel like she had no choice even sent her a notice that she would be charged 500$ if the repairs were done else where and the car in question would not be released until she paid the 500$ fee or the job was complete and paid in full she is 82 yrs old . I did a search on this company right now he has 6 civil suits that I see and many more already settled he lost everyone of them yet the list of victims gets longer and longer he is operating under a franchise that he attempted to get but was involuntarily pulled the name is LIFETIME transmission his site is believable for any age and he even says that they are nation wide

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terry Lynn Garrett
Terry Lynn Garrett
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: File an Affidavit of Inability to Pay Costs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.