Margate, FL asked in Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: I live in Florida... however during my travel through 19 states over the summer I received a speeding citation in MN

Well I received the speeding ticket in Minnesota a while ago I was unable to pay it until I had received a letter stating that my license will be suspended... now that I have paid the ticket the Lee County clerk of courts is telling me I need a letter with a signature on it or with the official Minnesota stamp stating it was paid, even though I have the receipt... I am assuming if I get a paper with the stamp that I need to have it mailed which I do not have time for, so how do I go about receiving a paper over an email with the correct signature on it??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Ask the Lee County Clerk of Court if a PDF of such a letter will be sufficient. If so, have Minnesota email such a signed letter to you and show that to the Lee Clerk.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.