Mcloud, OK asked in Animal / Dog Law for Oklahoma

Q: What can I legally do when some fails to keep their end of an agreement to stud contract?

We had an agreement and I have retained screenshots of the agreement made threw text and the person had 3 puppies total. Agreement was I get a puppy or the price for what the puppy sells for. She refuses to give me a puppy and has sold 2 already and refuses to give me the money

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jessica Brown
Jessica Brown
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You can potentially sue her for breaching that agreement. It won't be cut and dry because it doesn't sound like there's a signed contract, but there are some potential theories of recovery available to you under what you've described.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.