Sewickley, PA asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania

Q: work injury took 17 days before management gave me a form for an accident report

first I was told to go to an urgent care the following week even though my supervisor saw the incident happen and was not told to report it, paid out of pocket, then from there the doc report said it was WC said work but has to follow with occupational doc, never heard from WC until she called to say I had to see an Occ Doc, then the manager finally gave me list to choose from, form there the Occ doc was worried because now after 5 weeks leg was still swelling, limited rom, finally saw a WC ortho who ordered MRI, results torn meniscus with much swelling, now company has been sold new company is not hiring me...what am I to do. I have a f/u ortho 5/3 ?Does the WC claim company still have to pay? I am 64 and this was the first time in my life I have ever filed this sort of claim or any claim for that matter. Please advise.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Belt
Timothy Belt
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Hazleton, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Assuming your employer is not self insured and has actual insurance, the change in ownership will not change the carrier's obligation to make proper payment for an accepted claim. Whether or not this is an accepted claim is a different question. It sounds like the employer and possibly the carrier are playing games. I would suggest that you contact a workers' compensation lawyer sooner rather than later to review the documents and status of your claim. Almost all workers' compensation lawyers provide a free initial consultation.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.