Broken Arrow, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Our daughter was taken into Emergency custody on Dec 21 2020. We had an Adjudication hearing on May 4 2021.

We did have a court appointed attorney who wouldn't work with us. My husband works from 6am to after 4 Monday through Saturday. We tried to email her information and asked for conference calls and she refused. When we arrived at court the day of the the Adjudication hearing the attorney asked to be removed and the judge allowed it. then told the court reporter who had been going back and forth between two different courtrooms , my husband fired her. untrue. them the hearing was continued without my husband had an attorney. the judge told my husband if he said anything he had better walk on eggshells because he was a state judge and would hold him in contempt. i had been supeanaed by the asst d.a. and was made to sent in the hallway then never evem called me in the courtroom. they wouldn't accept our evidence and wouldn't let my husband say anything

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If the case was continued then you have time to hire an attorney to help you with the case. Meet with an attorney so they can review your case and once the attorney has a handle on what has happened they will be able to explain your options.

Gary Johnston Dean agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.