Bronx, NY asked in Criminal Law and Estate Planning for New York

Q: Hello gm I hope all is well . I wanted to no what can I do about me not being able to obtain certain jobs because record

because I have a record i don't have no felonies they are misdemeanors and happen when I was young but I can't even do a training class for home health aid because of this and I just would like to no what steps I can take to resovle this issue I been having with my record for years

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Arbeit
Michael Arbeit
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Freeport, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: In New York, You may be able to seal you criminal convictions pursuant to CPL 160.59. Consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to see if you are eligible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.