Mount Airy, MD asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Criminal Law for Maryland

Q: Retain an attorney for an Appeal of a Replevin / Show Cause hearing. The defendant is my son who has tried to murder me!

The defendant is my son who hates me enough to murder me and failed. I provided $300.00 to the purchase of the dog, "Bear", paid for over $2000.00+ medical bills, paid for all but eight? bags, of dog food, poop bags, treats, cared for him twenty-four hours a day even when my murderess son lived with me, and specifically after he left. Carroll County ASPCA and Animal Control deemed me the owner since I threw my son out on June 30, 2019 and after three days of abandoning Bear, under a Carroll County Ordinance about pets. My son, ex-husband and daughter-in-law were instructed by a Mount Airy, Maryland Law Enforcement officer that the dog was no longer his, and to leave the residence, which they didn't do, until my son assaulted me. I lost at the Replevin/ Show Cause hearing even with 150+ pages of receipts, bank statements, letter from primary care doctor, a report of my son assaulting me. MY SON WANTS TO CRUSH ME ALONG WITH MY EX-HUSBAND, please help me fight back against pure evil.

1 Lawyer Answer
J. D. A.
J. D. A.
  • Hunt Valley, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Assuming that the case was litigated in district court, an appeal could be taken to the circuit court within 30 days. However, it is not clear from the question if the time to file an appeal from the original judgment (as opposed to the decision in the contempt/show cause hearing) has passed. Separately, a cause of action might be available for the alleged murder attempt, depending on what the facts and circumstances are. That would of course also potentially be a criminal matter.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.