Chicopee, MA asked in Divorce for Massachusetts

Q: Divorce Question

My husband recently asked me for a divorce after a discussion with him I accepted that our marriage was over. We have not filed any paperwork yet. The other day he told me he was going to bring a girlfriend over to our marital home. I told him absolutely not. Is this OK? He did not bring the girl over but he has been in and out of the house. He has been leaving things around the house that are clearly not mine. It's obvious he has been cheating on me but I have no physical proof. What can I do in these circumstances?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: You can commence divorce proceedings to obtain orders that he vacate the marital home and potentially for spousal support depending upon your circumstances. You should have counsel to represent you as he seems to be trying to upset you and overwhelm you. Also, see your primary care physician or OBGYN about your potential exposure to STDs due to the third person(s).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.