Asked in Family Law for North Carolina

Q: Family court. Calander call tomorrow. Wish to file Motion of Contempt against Plantif. Can I still file motion?

Case filed by mother to modify custody. Agreed to Pych Evaluation. Results state I'm fine but Planiff not so we'll.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dymond  Spain
Dymond Spain
  • Fayetteville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Hello.

If you decide to represent yourself it is best to review the county local rules. All NC county courts have a page on the website. This is where you can locate county forms and filing deadlines.

Also, as I assume you found out, you can file the motion, however, you wouldn’t have been able to have it heard the same day. You would have to file it and set it on the court calendar based on the county’s rules.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.