New Bedford, MA asked in Immigration Law for Massachusetts

Q: Undocumented teen, just turned 18.Family member opened SS# and claims on taxes but wont give it to her. What options?

Teen, 18, High School senior, undocumented, no birth certificate(trying to get one from Haiti), no ID, Aunt wont give SS# but claims on taxes, can't do DACA because of possible SS#, does not live with either parent but with family instead. Is there a way to find out her SS#?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nadine C. Atkinson-Flowers
Nadine C. Atkinson-Flowers
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: There are many questions here, the most obvious is how do you have a SS# if you are undocumented? You need to sort this out before someone gets you into trouble without your knowledge. Please consult an attorney urgently. You can find one on the Justia Directory or on thevAmerican Immigration Lawyers Association website. Alternatively many community organizations offer help for these cases.

Agnes Jury agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.