Cincinnati, OH asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Ohio

Q: Is it worth pleading my case in court or just pay the fine for a failure to yield to a right of way driver?

I was stopped behind another car at a 4 way stop heading North.After the car in front of me went across the road,I proceeded to move up to the stop sign when another car heading West was coming to a stop about the same time I was stopping for second time.I waited for her to go across but she didn’t move.It looked as if she was carrying on a conversation with another girl in her car as she was face to face with her.I waited some more and then she turned towards the road again.I continued to wait and still she did not attempt to cross road.Finally I was thinking she wanted me to go across then.I got halfway across road when the woman in other car decided to go across.She ended up hitting my right rear panel by tire.Frontal damage to her car.I was cited as I was on left.she hesitated going across the road.Is it worth pleading my case or just pay fine?

1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ravenna, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: It sounds like a defensible case. For a definitive answer you're going to need to sit down with an attorney to review the facts in detail and figure out the best game plan. Sometimes these issues continue on if the other driver tries to sue you civilly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.