Spring Hill, FL asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: I live at 12701Placid Rd. For 20 years. With my mother. I had a stroke due to a blood clot in my heart February 2019.

So now i am have limited mobility and no use of my left arm.my mother defaulted on her land taxes and lost our home. I was moved out 9f my home and into a travel trailer in the back of the property. My mother stayed in the house with the new owner and his family. The travel trailer i live in sits right in front of the septic tank that is over flowing, my companion dog cannot be let out even in a fenced yard because the landlords dogs are so mean and if they get my dog i cannot break them up due to my disability. Now the land lord and his family have begun to run any friends that try to come and visit me. Making the road down to my site un drivable. They have now begun to harass my girlfriend telling me she will be trespassed if she is seen on the property for no reason. I cannot be alone because i have seziers. The landlord has run off everybody. Please help me

2 Lawyer Answers
Barry W. Kaufman
Barry W. Kaufman
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I suggest you contact Legal Aid as a starting point.

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: In addition to your local Legal Aid or Legal Service office (legal assistance for indigents), the Fla. Dept. of Children and Families may be of assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.