Tulsa, OK asked in Products Liability for Oklahoma

Q: I had a 9 volt battery sitting by itself in a bowl in my room that spontaneously exploded while I slept

Set my carpet and bed and burned my arm and leg .I doctored wounds at home.how do I go about getting compensation from this incident from battery company?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could reach out to attorneys who handle such cases and try to arrange a free initial consult. Preserve all the material you have from the explosion. This could be a tough case as a general matter, without knowing more information. If you nursed your wounds at home as you describe (I am happy for you that there wasn't a situation warranting serious medical care) and the injuries are transient in nature - that could be something that law firms would consider in contemplating such a prospective case. Cases based product liability theories can involve expert technical or scientific testimony. This is not to say that it wouldn't have been terrifying to wake up in the middle of the night to an exploding battery that inflicted burns - but from a practicality standpoint, due to the expense of litigating product theory cases, firms are forced to balance damages with litigation costs. Reach out law firms and speak with attorneys - that could be much more meaningful than this brief response. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.