Mansfield, OH asked in Juvenile Law for Ohio

Q: Back in 2002 I was convicted of a crime at the age of 12. I was questioned and forced to give a confession.

My mother was in prison at the time. My father had not been in my life since the age of 4 and my step father had no parental rights over me. I had no legal representation while being questioned alone with two detectives. I am seeking legal help for this. Can you help?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: What is it you want to accomplish? Were you adjudicated and want the record sealed? That can be done with a juvenile file as long as it wasn't rape or murder. Were you looking to sue the cops? That probably cannot be done. We you planning on trying to withdraw your plea and fight the case? That could be done only under some really limited circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.