Santa Ana, CA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: Can a police officer contact my me before court after my arrest and can he pass the evidence to pedestrians after found.

Also was made to urinate in public after I told officer it made me uncomfortable then he watched me pee after he’d already searched me but said it was to make sure I didn’t try to get rid of anything.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Hi, I'm sure someone else will probably ask you to clarify your question, but let me first ask you to ask it more clearly please? IF I understand your question, you said that you were arrested? For what were you arrested? In a car? Park? While walking?

Second question: you're saying that the police officer made you publicly expose yourself in front of others and urinate?

Third question: you're saying that the police officer actually gave evidence that he got from you, to third parties, not related to the police?

Fourth question: you're asking if a police officer can contact you prior to your court appearance, after arresting you? The answer to this is simple: once you've been arrested, unless you invoke your rights to have an attorney present before answering any questions, yes he can contact you.

Difficult to answer until you give us a bit more information. Please give a little more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.