Dallas, GA asked in Insurance Bad Faith, Insurance Defense and Divorce for Georgia

Q: We have a court order stating my ex is required to provide insurance for our kids. He quit his job-lost kids insurance.

He lives in Ky, I live in GA. He says he has to use my income to get our kids Medicaid and put it in my name, but he would pay premium. Is this considered him providing insurance for kids?

Note: he’s failed to abide by the court order in all terms.

Should I just file contempt and let courts handle it?

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If he’s not following court orders then you should file for contempt. Consult with an attorney who can help you address these issues legally.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.