Greenbrier, AR asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: Can we do anything about bio mom taking stepson with her to do audition rotations for med school?

Bio mom is wanting to take stepson with her and have him do virtual school for her audition rotations that could last for up to a year and isn't sure if she will be able to get him to us for our visitation weekends. They have joint managing conservatorship. Some of her rotations that she has told us about are in another state and she hasn't told us who will be taking care of him while she is at her audition rotations. They live in Fort Worth and we live in Arkansas. All court paperwork has gone through Texas.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sharita Blacknall
Sharita Blacknall
  • Plano, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If you want to change the current order you will need to file for a modification.

If the current order is being violated you will need to file for enforcement of the current order.

A person can do anything that does not violate the current order or violate the law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.