Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: El Dorado County seized my firearm and never contacted me about it and I am a legal gun owner what can I do

My firearm was confiscated in June of 2020 and I was not contacted about it and still have not been contacted it was found on my friends property I was selling it to his wife for protection against the Bears and Wildlife El Dorado County Sheriff's Department performed a illegal search and seizure on my friends property where he was charged with the firearm that is mine they never contacted me and ask me any information about this case now they are saying the gun is modified and trying to give my friend a life sentence I want help getting my firearm back and proving they violated my friends civil rights as well as my Second Amendment right I feel I have been violated of my second amendment rights as well as my civil rights and I would like to talk to somebody about this I have more information on the case I would like to meet in person or possibly sit down and discuss this it is a matter that needs to be looked at any helpful I appreciate thank you for your time on this

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

you need to make an appointment with a local criminal lawyer asap....I am in Palm Springs area

why have you waited a year?

there is a term in law......Laches.......which means if you sit on your rights you can lose them.

I would prepare a detailed summary to give to a lawyer so that they don't have to wait for you to recall everything.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.