San Antonio, TX asked in Landlord - Tenant for Texas

Q: Need help with Order of Protection against roommate, breach of contract for not paying rent, and getting her off lease.

Roommate has not paid rent, is verbally and emotionally abusive, threatening, and we are scared of her. Please help!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Boe Lynn Bowen
Boe Lynn Bowen
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If person is threatening you call the police and report it. You be able to get a protective order.

As to the rent you can sue for breach of contract assuming you had a written agreement.

You will need to get a copy of lease and review it to see how to remove a signer from the agreement.

I would encourage you to speak with an attorney and to bring a copy of any and all relevant paperwork to that meeting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.