Lawton, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: My significant other is currently incarcerated for an alleged charge that a alleged victim is involved. The alleged…

Victim was recently arrested. So what will happen with the case involving my significant other knowing that she is in police custody.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I’m afraid there’s not enough information to give an accurate answer. When you say “incarcerated” I will assume you mean he/she is in prison, which seems to indicate he/she must have pleaded guilty to this crime and accepted a plea bargain (or lost at trial/ or was sentenced after a blind plea) and was sentenced to incarceration? But perhaps you mean he or she is in jail awaiting trial or some other disposition of their case?

Further, not exactly certain what to assume when you state that the alleged victim was recently arrested and is now in police custody. Was she arrested for the same criminal act or is the arrest a new unrelated crime? Really just not enough information to give an educated response.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.