Queens, NY asked in Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation, Elder Law and Landlord - Tenant for Georgia

Q: In a dispossess proceeding against me for a house I own. No notice. plaintiff won. entered illegally w/o sheriff

Eviction my property in Ga. No landlord tenant relatioinship. Person entred my house illegally, broke locks removed all belongings[2 story home ownd for 60+years family] Indiv. placed stuff in storage. I wasn't there, and dont know what was removed. Never seen storage unit. Also removed a vehicle from property. [I live in NY, but home is mine frm my parents and father who built it] no cause for eviction. My brother went to the home[he lives in the city] the day I called police after got a call that someone had entered my property. I believe that these ppl gave storage key to him, but how would he or I know what was/is missing. Still in NY, the ONLY person who should have gotten key or notice is me, not him. and he NEVER had any role in it. Everything taken out without sheriff, who returned writ to court for 'wrong address'. Now same person wants quiet title, currently in litigation. Harassed, bullied, and traumatized at 80yrs old. need he

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Wow. Sounds like you're into it. Did you have a question for us? You gave us a story; not a question. We can only answer questions that you put to us.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.